Northstar Bank of Texas is still offering their best reward checking account called Velocity Checking. You can open this checking account with an initial deposit of $100. This best checking account has the following interest rates:
· .51% APY for deposits of $0 to $50,000
· 1.01% APY for funds above $50K
· Non-qualified accounts receives 0.10% for the month
You will be able to enjoy the highest interest rates if you can suffice the following requirements every cycle:
· 10 point of sale purchases using the debit card
· Posting of at least 1 auto debit via ACH or a direct deposit
· Use the online banking system at least once per cycle
· Sign up for monthly electronic bank statements
The cycle for this checking account is defined by the bank as a monthly period ending a day before the 3rd Wednesday of every month. You can find a table for these dates on the Velocity Checking page on their website under the Qualification Dates tab.
This savings opportunity does not require any minimum balance nor impose monthly service fees. Other perks include free use of their online banking system, telephone banking, and bill payment system.
If you are interested to open account, you can fill up an application form and one of their bank representatives will call you back. You can call their customer service line through 940-383-6200. You can also visit one of their offices to open an account. They have branches in Lake Dallas, Pilot Point, Lewisville, Denton, Grapevine, Colleyville, Argyle, and Corinth which are metros in the northern portions of the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
The bank is insured with the FDIC through certificate number 20935.
- 4.01% APY Best reward checking account with Northstar Bank of Texas
- 2.27% APY Best reward checking account with Avidia Bank
- 3.25% APY Top Reward Checking Account with Bank of Sullivan
- 3.30% APY Best reward checking account with First National Bank of Hawley and Dilworth
- 4.00% APY for best checking account offered by MB Financial Bank